IRCTC or Indian Railway provides different version of mobile application for different platforms. And there are also different ways to download IRCTC apps for different platforms. All the registered users can book their railway travel tickets, keep track of your train status, and many more only through the IRCTC App. So if you are not registered with irctc.co.in, then first you need to complete the IRCTC Sign Up process first. Then you can access all the features that IRCTC provide at your fingertips, after you download irctc apps on your mobile.
Steps to Download IRCTC app on Android Mobiles
- Go to the Play Store on your mobile phone.
- Then search for the “IRCTC Mobile App” in the search bar.
- Then tap on install button to install it to your phone.
Steps to Download IRCTC app on iPhone
- Go to the ITunes App store
- Get to the IRCTC download page by searching it from search bar
- And install it to your iPhone or iPad to access all irctc features.
Steps to Download IRCTC Apps on Windows Phone
- Get to the Windows Store from your windows phone
- Then search for it on the store.
- And click on Install.
- Now start the app and start accessing all the features provided by IRCTC.
If you are a registered user if Indian Railway, then you may how it’s easy to book tickets from mobile app. You can also check for the seats availability, train schedule, cancel the book tickets, etc. And you can also check for the PNR status, through SMS or online but with the recent update on Android app you can check IRCTC PNR status without logging into your account. You can also easily pay for the tickets you have bought through your mobile using ZipCash mWallet account. All the recent update from Indian Railways or IRCTC can be received on your phone.
Share and Enjoy
Irctc Nget is the newer website for online railway ticket booking which is providing a better performance to all IRCTC users. All the old IRCTC accounts are is now migrating to new website nget.irctc.co.in. As per the Indian Railway, their new online platform will be pretty quick, fast and is capable of providing the better performance and also can handle a large amount of traffic.
All the Customers were waiting for this kind of improvement for a very long time and now it’s seems they have listened to their members. As IRCTC is providing the light version of its website during the tatkal booking hours, but as per Indian railways this new website will be available all the time.
IRCTC New Website or Irctc Nget
You can login to both the older and new version of IRCTC with the same login credentials. There is no need of creating a new user name for the new website. Irctc Nget is a New Generation e-ticketing System which provides user a new online ticket booking experience. If you are a registered user of IRCTC then you can use any of the two sites of Indian Railways for online train ticket booking. As you know the old IRCTC Website Link is https://irctc.co.in and the new website link is https://nget.irctc.co.in. You can find all the IRCTC features on the IRCTC New website of IRCTC Nget. You can check for train schedule, pnr status, seat availability and more also from IRCTC Nget. You just need to complete the IRCTC login process, whether it’s on new or older version website to access all the features.
Recently, IRCTC, the online ticketing website of Indian railways has also launched an e-commerce site with the partnership with Yebhi.com. IRCTC’s new online shopping site maintained by Yebhi and you can get to IRCTC Online Shop at shop.irctc.co.in and buys the products for 500 brands and from over 30,000 products.
Share and Enjoy
IRCTC Tatkal reservation was started by Indian Railways as a part of special service for its passengers who are always in a hurry. In general passengers have to book their travel tickets in advance. IRCTC Tatkal reservation have made is easy as the tickets can be book just a day before the travel date, as all the trains has separate IRCTC Tatkal quota. You need to have a full knowledge about IRCTC Tatkal rules before you book a tatkal ticket.
Some of the important IRCTC Tatkal Rules
- To travel with irctc tatkal, you need to book your IRCTC ticket in advance which is one day before the travel date. In earlier days the advance registration period was of two days but now it was reduced to a single day. IRCTC Tatkal Booking can be done after 8:00AM that is a day before your journey date, if you try to book before that the result would end with an error.
- If you are reserving a Tatkal Ticket through the railway counter, you need to provide a photo copy of anyone of the eight photo identity cards which are accepted by Indian Railways as an identity proof. And in some cases you may also need to provide the original, if it is asked you to provide by the ticket examiner during your journey.
- As per IRCTC Tatkal rules, ticked issued under tatkal quota can be cancelled but the refunded is only possible special circumstances such as is the train is delayed by 3 hours or more, if the train get diverted through different route which you are willing to travel. And if you are provided with the acommodated in a lower class then you have booked for then you will be refunded with the difference in the fare of the tickets and complete refund is you are not willing to travel on such accommodation.
- There is a fixed number of Tatkal quota in every train, no more booking can be made if all the tatkal quota have be booked. In case of un-utilized tatkal quota, they will be transferred to general.
- No any IRCTC agents can make Tatkal reservation whether it’s from reservation counter or by the IRCTC official website, to ensure that they aren’t been misused by any agents.
Share and Enjoy
Know everything about the IRCTC PNR number
IRCTC PNR number can also be said as the identification number of your railway ticket. With help of your PNR number to get all the latest status of your ticket and train information such as starting station, arrival and departure time, etc. All of us Every one of us always want to get a reserved ticket but there is such time when we may end up with the waiting list ticket, at such time we need the IRCTC PNR Number to get a continuous update on the seat whether its reserved or not. You can always make an IRCTC PNR status enquiry any time you want, and there is no restriction on how many times you can make it and you can ask your reply in a specified format. If you are a regular customer of the Indian Railways, then is very easy for you to decode the status that you receive, but for the new ones it may be a little bit of tricky. The following information may provide you with some on how to decode the received information.
Some important Information on IRCTC PNR Number or status
Generally, RAC means reservation against cancellation. RAC status indicates that you don’t exactly have a reserved, but you can get on the train and you will be provided with half of a berth which you have to share with another RAC holder. Along that you can always open the berth and make it two sitting seats any time, one for each RAC holder. But sometime depending on RAC holders numbers, youcan always have a chance to get a confirmed ticket if the other passengers with the confirmed seats cancels their train tickets.
WL means Waiting List. Generally this means you do not have reserved seat on the train that you want to travel with and are totally not allowed to board that train unless your PNR status is promoted to confirmed or to RAC. Always there is huge number of WL tickets booked by the Railways, the maximuns number of ticket that can be booked is decided by railway offices and after it have crossed the maximum number the further booking are responded by the a regret message
While checking for the status the WL or RAC prefix is followed by two numbers which are again separated by a hyphen. The first number indicates when the booking of the tickets took place and the other number indicates the current position. For example, if your status is WL 19/11 then this means the position at the time of booking was 19 and now it has been upgraded to 11 because i.e. 8 tickets for the train were cancelled and were allotted to passengers who had an RAC ticket and then RAC seats vacated were allotted to passengers with a waiting list ticket.
Share and Enjoy
Every irctc user faces the IRCTC Login Issues on a regular basis. The login problems can vary from persom to person; it may be multiple login problem or server problem. IRCTC always faces lots of login errors generally caused due to its too slow server and too much huge traffic. Well further in this article, you can also learn about to login to IRCTC fast. Just follow the basis IRCTC Login steps at first; the best time to login to your account is night hours, when the traffic is relatively low than the day. Always try to avoid the IRCTC Tatkal hours unless you need book the tatkal tickets.
Different types of IRCTC Login Issues
Generally multiple login error is caused due to logging into your account form two different places or browsers. To avoid this problem, you always need to logout of your account after you are done with your works. As the logout process takes lot of time but it will save your time next time when you login next time. The old cache file stored can also cause this problem, so clear the browser can also help.
Service Unavailable Message
Service unavailable is one of the most common IRCTC Login Issues, which is generally caused by the huge amount of traffic at a same time, generally on tatkal hours. So I suggest you to login 30 minutes before or after tatkal hours start or ends. And if you are again facing the same problem use Mozilla Firefox to access your IRCTC Account.
Session Time Out/Expired
The session timeout or expired error may popup if you do not perform and activity for more than three minutes. So if you are not performing any activity in your account for more than three minutes that keep refreshing your page in order to restart your session time in every three minutes.
Share and Enjoy
Indian Railways is one of the well-known and oldest working organizations. It was started in 1853 with the first train introduced from Thane to Mumbai. Indian Railway system was nationalized into single unit in 1951 and till now it has become the world’s biggest railway systems or can be called on the planet. Providing with huge number of facilities to customers, from online booking, tatkal booking to online support through its official website irctc.co.in. These days all the works of Indian Railways are performed by IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation). There are many amazing facts of Indian Railway or IRCTC that you don’t know.
Some Interesting Facts about irctc.co.in or Indian Railways
- Indian Railway is one of the India’s oldest and smoothly working organizations till now.
- Indian Railway has the world’s largest rail network with the railway track of about 115,000kms over a route of 65,000kms and with 7,500 stations in total.
- With over 1.4 million daily workers working everyday makes it the world’s ninth biggest employer.
- With about 14,300 trains running daily providing service to over 13 million passengers about 1.3 million tons of weight every day.
- IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) only began its services from 27th September, 1999 in order to offer more services and improve the existing service along with Indian Railway.
- IRCTC official website is one of the world’s most viewed websites which has its global ranking under 750 among the other top sites worldwide and gets its position under 50 in India.
- On daily basis irctc.co.in receives over 4.15 lakh online booking and about 10 Lakh people check their IRCTC PNR Status daily.
- In year 2010-11 alone IRCRC generated revenue about Rs.760 crore only from from online ticket bookings and catering services, but in next year it was decreased to Rs.550 crore just after providing its catering service to private sectors. And form this year Indian railways have started their online shop known as IRCTC Shop in order to maximize their revenue to 12 Billion Dollars with in few years.
Share and Enjoy
IRCTC, as being a part of Indian Railway Ministry which majorly provides Rail E-Ticketing service which helps retailer to do the online reservation of railway tickets for passengers. PayPoint India is an authorized by IRCTC as a Principle agent which appoints IRCTC agents across India.
IRCTC does not only provide agent license to individual directly but it delivers through IRCTC authorized Principal Agent i.e. Pay Point India. They are providing opportunity to the retailers to an authorized IRCTC Agent. If you want to start a railway ticket booking agency, then you need get an IRCTC license.
After submitting an application through Pay Point India for IRCTC Agent license, retailer will get the approval from IRCTC within 5-10 working days and Pay Point team informs them about the service activation from same day.
Benefits of being IRCTC Agent
- You will be authorized IRCTC e-tickets seller.
- Easy and convenient booking of e-tickets on bulk.
- Easy cancellation of tickets.
- Tickets on Wait-Listed can also be booked
- Increase in customers Loyalty and customer’s footfall.
- Easy way to enter online services business.
List of documents required to apply for the IRCTC Agent
- 3 Passport size Photographs
- An officer attested copy of Photo Identity Proof and Address Proof
- Class 3 Form for digital a signature certificate.
Digital Signature or SIFY form is mandatory in order to avail this service. There are some benefits of using digital signatures which are listed below:
- Efficient portal lets you book multiple tickets for various customers from anywhere through IRCTC official website.
- Booking tickets online is a cost effective process.
- The use of digital signatures and other electronic documents make online transactions secure.
- IRCTC verifies the identity of the IRCTC travel agent and only then allows the genuine agents to book tickets online.
- No one else can book tickets with your login details because it is required to complete the digital certificate authentication.
- There is a Hassle-free transactions for travel agents to book railway tickets.
Before starting this business with IRCTC as an authorized agent you must have a computer or laptop along with the printer and 24/7 internet connection.
Complimentary Services Provided IRCTC
- Utility bill payment
- DTH Mobile Recharge
- Air ticket Booking
- Bus Ticket Booking
- Hotel Booking
- Cinema Booking
Share and Enjoy
As per Indian Railway Budget 2013-14, the IRCTC Tatkal Charges have been fixed for all the passengers. All the tatkal tickets are been issued for the actual travel distance. In case of tatkal booking the same berth or seat may have multiple booking till the preparation of charts. IRCTC Tatkal facility is available for the Executive Class passenger of Shatabadi Express trains by earmarking 10% of accommodation available which is 5 seats per coach.
IRCTC Tatkal Booking always opens at 10 AM, and you have to book tickets one days in advance than the actual travel date. There will be no duplicate tatkal tickets issued, but duplicate tickets shall be issued on exceptional cases such as when someone does payment of full fare along with the Tatkal charges.
IRCTC Tatkal tickets can only be issued only on the submission of one of the ten prescribed proofs as per the Government of India.
List of 10 identification proof you can show for IRCTC Tatkal Scheme
- Only the Voter card which are issued by Election Commision of India.
- Your Passport
- PAN Card which are issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving License by RTO.
- Identity card which having serial number that are issued by Central or State Government.
- Student Identity Card alongside the photograph issued by the recognized School/College for the respective students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook along with the photograph.
- Credit cards that are issued by banks with the laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card or the “Aadhaar” card.
- Photo identity cards which have serial number that are issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State or Central Government, Municipal bodies, District Administration or Penchant Administration.
REFUNDS Policy of IRCTC Tatkal Scheme
As per rules of Indian Railway or irctc.co.in there is no refund to be granted on cancellation for a confirmed Tatkal tickets or a duplicate tatkal ticket except in some special cases. Some cases in which the tickets which are booked under IRCTC Tatkal Scheme can be refunded completely are as follows:
- If the train for which you have booked the tickets is delayed by more than 3 hours.
- If the train is diverted to different route than the original route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- In the case of non-attachment of coach in which the Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and passenger has not been provided with the accommodation in the same class.
Share and Enjoy
If you are a regular costumer of Indian Railways or you have spent some time on their site and you will find the term PNR used again and again. Many people use this term without knowing its full form. PNR known as Passenger Name Record and PNR number means Passenger Name Record number. It is a ten digit number uniquely assigned to every ticket holder which he can use for later reference if needed. The most known task of PNR Number is that it helps the passenger to know the status of availability.
PNR number has made it easy to check the seat availability, if you don’t think so then compare these two processes. Entering your travel date, seat number, the train number along with its departure time and name of the train or just simply entering a ten digit PNR number which is automatically configured with all of these details. So now you know that the PNR number makes it easier to travel with IRCTC maintain the good relationship with both the officials of the railways and the passengers.
Ways to check PNR Status
Through Diffrent Website
The official website of the Indian Railways www.indianrail.gov or irctc.co.in offers the facility to check the PNR Status for free. All you need do is to enter the ten digits PNR number and hit “Get Status” and see the latest status of your seat. In fact there are some other websites which also offers you to check you current PNR Status for free. One example is www.pnrstatus.co.in.
By sending SMS to 139
You can check your ticket PNR Status through SMS service also. Type in “PNR <10 digit PNR number>” and then send it to 139. Railway officials claim that you will receive an instant text reply with all the information about the status of reservation, coach number and more but you must know that it takes at least a few minutes. This service costs only Re. 1.
By calling to 139
The number to check the PNR Status is 139, but now instead of texting to this number you have to call. Then you have to enter or punch your 10 digit number and you will hear a voice informing you about all the current status.
Share and Enjoy
You can easily book train tickets online in general quota, Tatkal quota as well in bulk, in addition to that you can check the train schedule and availability through irctc.co.in.
Steps for IRCTC Booking Process
- You have to login to IRCTC account using your Username and Password.
- After that you will land on Plan my Travel page.
- Then enter the names of the station of your starting and ending destination, the date and the ticket type of your journey.
- You have to select your IRCTC Booking, whether it’s a General reservation or Tatkal reservation. General reservation must be done 60 days before your journey date and Tatkal reservation must be done one day before the starting date of your journey at the origin train station.
- Then click on” Find Trains”, irctc will show you the list of all the available trains as per the information you have provided.
- Just select the desired train along with the journey class whether it’s a sleeper, general or air Conditioned.
- IRCTC Booking status will be displayed instantaneously, after that click on the” Book Now” button.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you have to enter the details of passengers such as Name, Age, Berth preference and more.
- After that IRCTC payment page will appear where payment has to be made. There are various irctc payment options available. Once the payment process is completed, the reservation ticket will be displayed.
- You can check for your ticket anytime through booking history in your irctc account.
- You can also print the ticket to verify your reservation or you can show the SMS message received on your mobile phone.
For the portable access, you can download the IRCTC Mobile app, which is available for android, iOS and windows phones. If you are accessing the irctc official website through your Smartphone, we recommend you to use UC Browser and Opera Mini.
A good internet connection and processing power is recommend due to the poor response time, it is sometimes virtually impossible to access the irctc login page during Tatkal registration period. Feel free to contact us, if you face any trouble while following the above mentioned steps.
Share and Enjoy