You can easily book train tickets online in general quota, Tatkal quota as well in bulk, in addition to that you can check the train schedule and availability through irctc.co.in.
Steps for IRCTC Booking Process
- You have to login to IRCTC account using your Username and Password.
- After that you will land on Plan my Travel page.
- Then enter the names of the station of your starting and ending destination, the date and the ticket type of your journey.
- You have to select your IRCTC Booking, whether it’s a General reservation or Tatkal reservation. General reservation must be done 60 days before your journey date and Tatkal reservation must be done one day before the starting date of your journey at the origin train station.
- Then click on” Find Trains”, irctc will show you the list of all the available trains as per the information you have provided.
- Just select the desired train along with the journey class whether it’s a sleeper, general or air Conditioned.
- IRCTC Booking status will be displayed instantaneously, after that click on the” Book Now” button.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you have to enter the details of passengers such as Name, Age, Berth preference and more.
- After that IRCTC payment page will appear where payment has to be made. There are various irctc payment options available. Once the payment process is completed, the reservation ticket will be displayed.
- You can check for your ticket anytime through booking history in your irctc account.
- You can also print the ticket to verify your reservation or you can show the SMS message received on your mobile phone.
For the portable access, you can download the IRCTC Mobile app, which is available for android, iOS and windows phones. If you are accessing the irctc official website through your Smartphone, we recommend you to use UC Browser and Opera Mini.
A good internet connection and processing power is recommend due to the poor response time, it is sometimes virtually impossible to access the irctc login page during Tatkal registration period. Feel free to contact us, if you face any trouble while following the above mentioned steps.
Share and Enjoy
Indian Railways, a leading name on handling the rail transportation of India. Irctc.co.in is the official site of Indian Railways for online booking of the railway tickets. There are millions of visitors who visit IRCTC every day. For the ease of the users Indian Railway had developed different apps for different mobile platforms commonly called as IRCTC Mobile Apps. But also to access these IRCTC Apps you need to have an IRCTC Account. If you don’t have then created a new IRCTC Account or you can login directly with your registered IRCTC Login username and password.
How to download IRCTC Mobile App for Android
- Go to play store.
- Type “IRCTC Mobile App” on the search bar.
- And then Download and Install.
IRCTC Mobile App of Android Description
Indian Rail app has feature which helps you to track your pnr status anytime and from anywhere. You can book your railway ticket for the IRCTC Mobile App. Other than that you can find your desired train and check for the seat availability, train Schedule. You can also check the train live status such as its Arrival Departure times, stations it will pass by and how much time it will spend in each stations. You can also view the routes through Google Maps. It’s also very easy to save information and share it with your friends via SMS, Email and other social networking apps.
Features provided by IRCTC Mobile App for Android
- You can check the train Schedule with the easy Save Option.
- Mobile has made the pnr enquiry easy along with pnr tracking, share pnr.
- Check for the Seat Availability, it’s even easy when you know the Train Number.
- You can eaily keep the track of all the trains for any day between two railway stations
- Every details about train fare
- Expected Arrival / Departure time
- You can book your tickets via IRCTC mobile by logging into it.
- View the route of your train through Google Maps
- Get additional information about special trains and cancelled trains
Share and Enjoy
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) has been set up by the Ministry of Railways, India with the basic purpose of managing the entire catering and tourism activity of the railways with the complete public-private participation. As India is completely based on railway transportation, so to manage it IRCTC has coordination with state agencies, travel agents and tour operators. IRCTC has adopted the dynamic marketing strategy in association with the private and public agencies such as tour operators, transporters and hoteliers which is on the anvil. Indian Railways span global volumes in hospitality and catering sectors with services provided to about 13 million passengers every day.
Apart from ticket booking IRCTC is now been concentrating on enhancing customer services and facilitation. There also has been an excellent growth in Railway Tourism in India. For the railway tourism, they have managed the full train chartering services, reserved berth services and other services. Apart from Online Internet Rail Reservation, it has focused on other services too which is related to the tourism.
The following are the services provided by IRCTC:
- Tour & Special Holidays Packages
- Online Shopping
- Food Plazas
- Call Center
So logging in to the website of IRCTC can help to provide the services apart from ticket booking. On the IRCTC Login Page or home page you can find the login box at the left side of the home page, other than that you will find the alerts, guide books and many links.
Things you will find on IRCTC Login Page
- Tour Packages
- Hotels and Lounge
- Tourists Train
- Online Shop
- Retiring Room
- Special Holiday Packages
To login to IRCTC, just fill up the box with your user id, password and captcha. If you have any login problems then just click here.
Share and Enjoy
India is one fast growing economy, where we can see the changes and implementation on daily basis. Indian railways catering and tourism corporation is one of the oldest government owned corporate sector, which is providing its services in various ways. About few years ago they stared to offer the tour packages throughout the whole nation. IRCTC is initially based railway transportation; later on it added catering as the part of their service for the passengers. Now they have the nationwide network in railways, catering and tourism. According to some data it shows that the website of IRCTC is most visited website in the whole India as well as east pacific Asia.
It has able to maintain some records on highest visitor and highest booking through the website. Mostly it was famous for the online ticketing, which was also first introduced in India some five years ago. We can easily guess that by watching the population of India where millions of people use railway as their primary means of transportation. To use all these services form the online medium we need to have a valid IRCTC account. So through this article we will be discussing about the IRCTC registration process for the member.
IRCTC Registration Steps
- Go to the website domain in your web browser which is www.irctc.com, once you entered this domain the IRCTC home page will open.
- On the left top corner you can see the sign in box asking you to enter username and password, at the below of that box you can see the sign up.
- Click on sign up, the next page will open asking you enter your various personal details.
- At first of the form your need to enter personal detail such as name, gender, mobile number, nationality etc. fill all the information correctly and move to next section where you to fill the form about your residential details such as home address, state, zip, county etc.
- After that you will be asked for the subscription of additional services such as tour packages, informational email and about your SBI card. This is just the tick box , click on the relevant field you want.
- Then enter the captcha at the end of the page, which is case sensitive, you have to enter exactly you can see there all words, numbers etc.
- At last thing is click on submit button and your registration process is complete now.
Share and Enjoy
Indian railway catering and tourism corporation also known as IRCTC is most popular enterprise organization run under the government of India, which includes e-commerce portal aimed to provide various range of services in the field of railway, tourism and catering. According to some data it shows that the website of IRCTC is most visited website in the whole India as well as east pacific Asia. It has able to maintain some records on highest visitor and highest booking through the website.
Mostly it was famous for the online ticketing, which was also first introduced in India some five years ago. We can easily guess that by watching the population of India where millions of people use railway as their primary means of transportation. Recently they offered their new service in the same field called “IRCTC Tatkal”, which enable customers to book and reserve the railway tickets for any destination at the end moment. This service allows to book tickets before the 48 hours of departure that means before one day. At some point in our lives we also have to make some quick and last moment decision , weather it was a for visiting purpose or it could be an emergency. In such a case the service provided by IRCTC would be the only option to move out.
Some procedure you need to follow to use IRCTC Tatkal Service
- To apply for IRCTC tatkal ticket you should have to registered user, you can open your account by logging in the irctc.co.in.
- While registering your account your alternative email address and mobile number is mandatory.
- Once you had an account, sign your account and go through the home page, the next thing is you have to click on “my travel page”.
- You can see the different travel route , select your route and date of travel, which is under the e-ticket and select quota as a “tatkal”, then go through the find train button.
- The booking of IRCTC tatkal ticket starts from 10 am , after that you can see the list of the trains.
- Once you find the trains you are looking for, the next thing is to go through the different classes and choose your class. This will show you the availability the of the seats you are trying to reserve.
- Now you can click on the book button under the availability. The limitation would be you can only book four ticket as once using e-tatkal sewa.
- Senior citizen discount is not available in IRCTC tatkal booking.
- While booking the ticket enter all the personal and destinations details. The IRCTC tatkal booking also ask you for the valid ID card and phone number of the potential traveler. You can get the booking SMS on that entered number. Where you can get the verification code
- Once you get the verification code, enter the code and click on go
- Then the next page will open with different payment methods to pay for your tickets. Select one that is suitable for you and follow the process it recommend.
- Once you done with payment , the electronic confirmation slip will appear, print that slip and you are done.
For more information on how to book tatkal ticket on IRCTC, click here.
Share and Enjoy
IRCTC has been set up by the ministry of railways with the basic purpose of hiving off entire catering and tourism activity of the Indian Railways to the new corporation so as to professionalize and upgrade these services with public-private participation. There are different factors that help to determine the train fare such as distance covered by train and average passenger, load factor and other facilities for passenger and services they choose are the important ones.
A dynamic marketing strategy in association with public and private agencies, transporters, tour operators and local tour promoters is on the anvil. Its span global volumes in hospitality and catering sectors with services provided to over 13 million passengers every day.
“Enhance customer services and facilitation in railway catering, hospitality, travel and tourism with best industry practices”.
IRCTC Online booking tools bring proven benefits when implementation is tailored to each company’s specific context. It’s also minimizing the transaction costs. As these concepts is used by IRCTC in booking the ticket. There are many booking features of it, one of them is Bulk Booking which will be deal as below:
In case you require reservation in excess of the above limit of 6 passengers you may contact the controlling IRCTC officer of the concerned reservation office for permission to book more number of passengers in a group. However, such booking of bulk tickets or accommodation is available only after 10:00 on computerized reservation system subject to overall limit on trains as per extant rules and availability of accommodation.
Steps for IRCTC Bulk Booking
- Please submit a letter to authorized officials giving details such as train number, date of journey and of berths and the list of passengers.
- You should get the permission of the authorized officials for IRCTC Bulk Booking.
- You should contact the bulk booking counter for purchase of tickets.
- You should know that no concessional tickets shall be valid for such booking.
- Customers who requiring IRCTC Bulk Booking need not be members of the same family.
Below is the image of Bulk Booking Form.
Share and Enjoy
IRCTC has been set up by the ministry of railways with the basic purpose of hiving off entire catering and tourism activity of the railways to the new corporation so as to professionalize and upgrade these services with public-private participation. IRCTC is in charge of Indian Railway catering services railway stations across India. As there are different irctc payment options available to its customers, irctc also provide the refund of their tickets if they canceled or missed their train.The refunding services are also provided by IRCTC. It has to follow some rules to apply in it.
IRCTC Refund Policy
Reservation Failed Transaction
If amount getting debited from customer account and ticket not issued, it will refund the entire fare and services charges electronically, but the bank/card transaction charges are likely to be forfeited.
Cancellation before Chart Preparation
All IRCTC Refund will be processed as per Extant Railways Rules:
- Cancellation charges for confirmed tickets:
The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket.
- Cancellation charges for partially confirmed:
The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket.
- Cancellation charges for RAC/Waitlisted Tickets:
Up to three hours actual departure of train will be clerk age charge Rs.30 per passenger.
Cancellation of E-Tickets
- E-Ticket can be cancelled online till preparation of charts and refund will be granted by PRS system as per extant Railway Refund Rules.
- After preparation of charts, the user shall have to file online TDR to claim for the refund. The refund case will be decided by Indian Railways.
Cancellation of I-Tickets
- The tickets cannot be cancelled online.
- The ticket can be cancelled at any PRS counter.
Refund on Tatkal Tickets
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on confirmed ticket.
- In case of Tatkal ticket on waitlist, IRCTC refund of fare shall be granted in accordance with rule for unused waitlisted or RAC tickets.
The IRCTC refunding polices are very customer friendly. It’s not a big issues to refund just we have to inform it in time.
Share and Enjoy
IRCTC Stands for Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited. It is under the Ministry of Railways of Indian Government. It was developed for advance booking of Rail Tickets through Internet providing user simple and user-friendly procedure. One of the main motives of the Indian Ministry of Railways is to provide simple services as well as help to control pollution of environment. With the help of E-ticketing via IRCTC website by saving papers too by sending E-tickets via SMS on mobile but printed tickets are also used. User having E-tickets can just travel with a valid ID proof like Passport, PAN Card, and Voter’s ID etc.
Irctc Tickets can be booked from 00:30 to 23:30 all days. Service charge of Rs.10/- for Second/Sleeper Class and Rs.20/- in case of all other higher classes (1AC, 2AC, 3AC, CC, 3E, FC) per e-ticket is applicable, irrespective of the number of passengers (maximum six) booked on an e-ticket. Payments can be made using all major cards and also the net banking of major banks of India like SBI, PNB, HDFC, ICICI etc can be used.
The IRCTC ticket reservation process is simple and user-friendly. The following procedures can be followed to register user:
- Customer should register in the www.irctc.co.in which is free
- Before registration, customer should go through the “Terms and Conditions” which are available in the website.
- With all the correct details of user like email, mobile number etc, user can register one user id
After the process of IRCTC registration of the user, the user can log in to book tickets. Full fare tickets including Tatkal, Child tickets and tickets for senior citizens at concessional rate can be booked through the website. After logging in to the website for booking user can find an option Plan My Travel on the left side of the website.
IRCTC Ticket Reservation Procedure
- User can choose the source (From) and destination (To) Stations. While choosing the stations, users need to type just three initials of the station and the list of the stations will appear and user can choose those stations.
- The user can choose the travel date and also the class of Travel like Sleeper, A.C etc. Then user has to click on the E-tickets and then click Find Trains.
- Choosing the preferred train user need to click on Book Ticket
- Now the user is prompted to give the details like name of Passenger, preferred Berth
- After that the details of payment is asked and user can choose through Bank Transfer or Debit/Credit Cards and user need to confirm the payment.
- After that user will receive Electronic Reservation Slip which needs to be printed out and carried along with valid ID proof.
E-tickets can be cancelled online only. The passenger can cancel the E-Ticket before preparation of reservation chart of the train by logging in his User ID and password on the irctc.co.in. Reservation Charts are normally prepared 4 hours before departure of the train from Train originating station. Cancellation is not possible through any other User ID and password. Upon cancellation of ticket, IRCTC will process the refund electronically and credit the amount in same account which was used at the time of booking of tickets.
Share and Enjoy
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, being Indian railway subsidiary has been dealing with the railway services through online, mobile and other better mediums. IRCTC train enquiry can also be referred to as one of the major services rendered by the railway service of India through IRCTC. Introduction of IRCTC has proved the internet as the biggest boon in the present cyber era. The launch of its website www.irctc.co.in especially revolutionized the way of planning rail travel in India. IRCTC Train Enquiry provides bulk of information on the various scopes concerning the administration of the Railway service of India. While general IRCTC train information is largely accessible to most people, but the user needs to create a User ID and Password for making railway reservation for their own benefit and convenience. Some of the topics covered by IRCTC train enquiry include IRCTC PNR status, live running status of trains, availability of berths, changes in reservation status, train schedule information, and IRCTC fare inquiry. IRCTC train enquiry system is not physically very taxing, mentally very frustrating and highly tedious and time consuming like traditional inquiry system. In addition to normal services of the enquiry, this service also deals with train timings, state wise list of railway status, trains operating between stations, train numbers and names in India. Generally, the train fair of IRCTC trains varies with the quality of the seats and the distance but may vary with the new changes and rule of the Indian Railway subsidiary. The fair also may increase during the festive season of the nation. To get further details on the train status and fair you can directly visit to IRCTC official site, which would be more beneficial than just reading the article. The figure below shows the site vividly explaining the train berth availability and fair of the train. Who on the earth want to bother themselves physically, mentally and economically, just to do some inquiry on train availability, fair and berth, when there is IRCTC service readily available through its official site and even through your mobile devices with IRCTC mobile apps.
Share and Enjoy
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, is an Indian Railway subsidiary with the role assigned to deal with tourism, tatkal booking (Immediate booking) and online booking of the tickets. IRCTC is the sole and head body which administers the railway tickets booking in India. To book the railway tickets online the first and must thing is that you should be a registered user in the official site of IRCTC. Moreover, your mobile number and mailing address should be verified as well for the purpose of convenience.
Requirements for IRCTC Online Booking
- Payment through credit card, debit card or net banking
- Mobile number and mail ID are obligatory and must be verified
- A government proof of identity is must during the journey and eTickets
Online booking of the tickets has change the face of railway ticketing in India. The task of booking tickets has been so much easier and effective with low cost, time and effort incurred due to the facility of online railway ticket booking system through the aid of its official site and Irctc Mobile system.
As per the latest data of IRCTC, the ticketing site of the official website is able to handle around 120.000 concurrent connections on its servers which allow them to book 2000 tickets every minute. Isn’t it far much better, effective and efficient in comparison to old booking system? Obviously it is. As per the same data of the railways, there is a huge load on the website at 10 in the morning which somewhat slows down the booking procedures. Thus, Indian Railways has decided to add 10 more servers for better performance rate in the online booking system. Booking timings start from 10 in the morning but varies during the festive seasons.
Steps for IRCTC Online Booking
- Go the official site of IRCTC and sign up for the account, login if you have already been registered.
- ‘Plan My Travel’ appears, fill the space with correct Source, destination, station name and dates.
- Select the option: E-ticket and also select the kind of quota you want.
- All the available trains for the entered route will be shown after ‘Find Trains’ option is clicked.
- You may click on ‘Train’ to know the route and timing of the train.
- ‘Make Payment’ option is to be clicked for the payment purpose through credit card, debit cards and cash cards too.
- Finally you will see ‘Print Registration Slip’ Option and you can download it by clicking the ‘PRS’ button.
The boring days of standing in the long queue is old days jobs, these days just to book railway tickets just on the click of your mouse. Just browse the official irctc site and save your time and effort with the help of different irctc payment options available.
Share and Enjoy